Vision & Mission
1. To realize and spread the knowledge of unity, the religion of love and wisdom, so that the bias of faith and beliefs may of itself fall away, the human heart may overflow with love and all hatred caused by distinctions and differences may be rooted out.
2. To discover the light and power latent within all human beings, that is the secret of all religion, the power of mysticism, and the essence of philosophy, without interfering with customs or belief.
3. To help to bring the worlds two opposite poles, East and West, closer together by the interchange of thought and ideals, that the Universal Kinship may form of itself, and human being may see with human being beyond the narrow national and racial boundaries.
1. To spread the Message of Unity and promote the awakening of humanity to the divinity in all, as taught by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan, Pir Vilayat Inayat Khan, and Pir Zia Inayat-Khan by offering seminars, conferences, retreat events, Universal Worship services, and by publishing and distributing print and electronic media.
2. To provide a program of spiritual training to bring about deep personal transformation culminating in a balanced, harmonious and creative life by developing a central school and local training centers around the country, by offering guided group and individual retreats, and by training spiritual guides capable of giving authentic training in the inner life and the integration of spiritual realization into everyday life.
3. To encourage and support as part of our training new ways of integrating our ideals of love, harmony and beauty into all aspects of everyday life including professional, personal, social, political, and religious life.
4. To serve God and humanity by helping to relieve suffering through promoting service among our members and sponsoring service projects such as the Hope Project in New Delhi; by promoting understanding and goodwill among adherents of various faiths through Universal Worship services and participation in as well as sponsoring of inter-religious conferences and celebrations; and by encouraging the unfoldment of universal loving kinship by spreading the Message of Unity and the recognition of divinity in every living being.
Ethical Standards of Teachers in the Inayati Order
Teachers in the Inayati Order are held to high ethical standards in their role as spiritual guides, and a signed copy of each guide’s agreement of adherence to these ethical stipulations is on file with the Secretariat, as well as their agreement with these standards being implicit in accepting the role of spiritual guide.
These ethical standards are periodically reviewed and updated to insure their currency.
Click here for a PDF of the Inayati Order Ethics Guidelines. Any questions in this regard may be directed to the Secretariat or the Co-Chairs of the Ethics Committee, listed herein.